Music Banter - View Single Post - Are You Prepared for a Disaster?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Default Are You Prepared for a Disaster?

Watching what's going on in southeast Texas right now is heartbreaking. Are you at all prepared for a natural distaster right in your backyard?

Living in Socal I have to be aware that the long predicted "big one" could strike at any moment. The San Andreas fault has been a sleeping giant for a while now. How long will that last for me and my family?

- We have enough food, water, paper products, matches, batteries, candles and LCD lanterns to last at least a month or more. (did ya know that if you fill a large container with fresh water and then add just a few drops of chlorine bleach, not only is it safe to drink, but it will last almost forever.)

- I have an axe and heavy duty gloves stored in my car. All of our supplies are stored in the garage. An earthquake could easily render some doors useless so I'm prepped.

- I'm operating under the assumption that most of our neighborhood is not as prepared as we are. Bad times can bring out the worst in truly desperate people. Again, I'm prepped.

Might seem like a ton of overkill for some of you. But most of you are not sitting on top of, or right next to, this:

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”

Last edited by Chula Vista; 09-02-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote