Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #6576 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
They go on and on about being a company about diversity but they don't want hear what a minority has to say regarding systemic racism. I don't think it was in that article you link but she clarified herself and it was in regards to the Charlottesville shooting.

They just took what she said at face value instead of talking to her about it and did a quick clean up PR job that isn't going to backfire too much. Only a select few will boycott but they have other products that women of color will still use.
You know how this stuff works with companies that rely on image to generate consumer revenue. The fact they gave her the job in the first place speaks volumes for them.

She f-cked up and they did the right PR thing considering the current racial climate. Her coming out after the fact trying to "wipe up spilt milk" is too little to late.

I'm 100% sure that if one of their white models went public with a statement condeming BLM or the counter protesters in Charlottesville, she'd be let go too.

Right now this country is a powder keg of racial divide. L'Oreal did what they had to do under the circumstances. They are a publically traded company afterall.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote