Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 06:23 AM   #127 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

@ Wpnfire and Batlord: Genuine thanks for responding to my rather lengthly post. And yes, getting a boot up the ass is one of many things you expose yourself to if you are bending over to bury your head in the sand, which is Trump's avowed policy on climate change.
__________________________________________________ ________________

You don't have to do many household repairs to realise that it's no good fixing something back the way that it was - it'll only break again. To save yourself aggravation in the long run, you have to fix it better than it was before.

I wonder if people in Houston are considering that principle as they return to their homes. For areas of low-density housing, Europeans have come up with a neat solution to protect property from periodic flooding: the amphibious house. This is designed to sit on dry land and isn't the same as a floating house, which is just a Yuppy version of the age-old houseboat . The European models for Amphibious Houses are very stylish, look expensive, and presuppose that you're building a new house. That's why I like very much what one Louisiana man has done; up-grading an existing building on a low budget. I wonder if we'll see anyone else adopt his effective, no-nonsense approach as the Texas coastal communities recover and repair themselves:-