Music Banter - View Single Post - Racism (Yeah, that's right: I'm callin' it!)
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 06:29 AM   #199 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
Black people don't have it any easier or harder than anyone else. Life's a bitch for pretty much everyone.
Even with my admittedly pitifully limited experience I'd have to call bull**** on that. Even here in Ireland blacks can be viewed with suspicion, probably not as much as say America or maybe the UK but still, they definitely evoke the most distrust and a sense of "you're not one of us." I think that's true for black people no matter where they are, unless we're talking about countries where they're the majority, such as Africa, the Caribbean etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I was a bit disappoint when Trollheart created this thread. I wanted to start a thread to talk about ethnicity and nationality in a positive way. I always shied away from creating it, always having the fear it would go down in flames a like village being torched by Godzilla.
Well I'm sorry, but I didn't create the thread solely for you. Sure, we'd all like to live in a world without racism, where everyone is afforded the same rights and dignity, but sadly that's not the case, and wishing it were so and closing our eyes to what's going on is just stupid. We talk about racism in many threads, especially in this section, so I thought why not have one dedicated to the subject, where we can explore it, discuss it and so forth. Nobody's under any illusions that this thread will make a blind bit of difference in the real world, but it's worth at least talking about.

Also, nobody's stopping you creating your "racial diversity/melting pot/can't we all just get along?" thread. What are you waiting for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
One of my fav moments on the forum was when that guy with the missing foot got mad at somebody who posted that no shoes/no feet quote.
That was ****ing classic! Wasn't it Taxman?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
Just watched this:

Not surprised they left out all the unpalatable things Lincoln thought about blacks in America.
Karen was so upset at the end of that movie (I call her "Tiny Tears" now) until I reminded her of this (1:44) and then she couldn't stop laughing. DDL is amazing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Im going to posion you .
You cannot kill what does not live.