Music Banter - View Single Post - Islam in Europe
Thread: Islam in Europe
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 06:47 AM   #1236 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
God can't please you.
Not if he doesn't exist, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
It means no one has a perfect track record where one can please everyone all the time. I think it is a profound statement. It is true about almost everyone. Even in music. Do the Beatles please everyone all the time? Does Genesis please everyone all the time? I know a certain someone who does not like the album Genesis as amazing as it is. It is one of the greatest records of the 80s. One of their finest works. Does "Office Space" please everyone all the time? I think not. And I know you will agree with me on that.
I know what the quote means. I fail to see how it's relevant to the conversation. At the very best, it's peripheral, at worst it's pithy and pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Killing a man's children, or doing nothing to stop it, when you're the reason they're dead in the first place, is not "failing to please". It's complicity in murder.
yeah.
Quote:
Nothing can make you happy.
Then I want nothing. Now.
Quote:
I just put that (fake) quote there because Trollheart goes into a rage spiral whenever the Bible or God or religion in general is ever mentioned.
Come over here and say that, ye ... oh.
Not sure where you got that. I'm not a rabid god-hater. I don't hate things that don't exist. What I do have a problem with is people who blindly place their faith in a god who they believe exists, and then blame all their sorrows/attribute all their joys to that force. It's weak, it's cowardly, it's a cop-out and it's not taking responsibility for your actions. How many murders, wars, acts of unspeakable cruelty and horror have been perpetrated in the name of God, or Allah?

People are free to believe what they like. I just choose not to believe in God. That doesn't mean I fly into a rage, and I'd challenge you to point out any instance of me doing that, in this thread or any other. I'm quite tolerant. On one level, Christians really amuse me. I certainly do not take them seriously.