Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #14521 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I bought that album at a thrift store on a whim years ago and couldn't make heads or tails of it... pretty sure I dug it a couple months ago when you mentioned her and I revisited it. I've definitely been meaning to give her a more thorough look in any case.
Seems a vast majority of her fanbase are women, but I really think she's got an impressive command of melodic expression and song structures. No album of hers stuck me as great after just one listen, but over the time, I tend to end up thinking her albums are amazing.

Many of her fans insist she was best at the beginning of her career (the 90's albums, basically) but I really feel like she's been on a roll since 2009's Abnormally Attracted to Sin. Night of Hunters is one of the top 10 best albums ever made according to me. So, uh, not expecting anyone to agree. I got it as a birthday present back in 2011 and listened to it repeatedly. After a while, I started feeling like it was absolutely brilliant. Haven't heard the whole thing in a while...
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote