Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #133 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
The good news is that small modifications in your habits may make you feel better about global warming.
At least I've got a few of these under control:

i) plant a tree (or some climbing greenery over your house)
Not really an option where I live, but I did get some potted plants earlier this year, for what it's worth.

ii) switch to energy saving lightbulbs ( and turn off lights, etc that you don't need)

Always did this, so at least that might have earned me a tiny bit of good climate karma.

iii) turn off the bathroom tap while you are brushing your teeth ( and don't over-wash your house, etc.)
This too, except I have a runny faucet that I still haven't gotten fixed.

iv) sell your car ( or at least car pool, switch to a hybrid, and stop joy riding)
Don't own a car, never have. I either walk or take a bus.

v) become a vegetarian (or at least cut down on beef, switching to poultry or fish instead)
Never really cared much for cow meat so that's always something. I only recently cut down on swine meat in protest of how Danish meat manufacturers use FAR too much antibiotics - producing multi resistant virae in the process. Something scientists warn might well lead to the biggest problem of our time, even in the face of climate change. Talks about a "post antibiotics era" have me worried. We just really **** everything up in the pursuit of money, don't we?

But I'm just one guy. How much can I do alone? Good or bad. Then you look at how it's going globally and it seems we're ****ed. Base line temperatures will rise too much no matter what we do. Huge chunks of polar ice will break off and melt no matter what. We can make it a bit less terrible, but we can't stem the tides of what we've started. Not really.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote