Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 02:32 AM   #13872 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
Of course it is. Boring music is always the most popular because...wait for it...most people aren't like us. They don't care. I know this is hard to imagine, but most people out there in the general public don't care about music. They just want something on in the background, something to dance to, something to "rock out" to. The music serves them in some way, like TV. It passes the time, it keeps them occupied. But they don't love music for what it is. It's often nothing more than background filler.

And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just the way they are, and no amount of pleading with them will change the way they use music.
To be fare there's also a flip side where people will like something weird or experimental out of the sheer novelty of it being different rather than just enjoying music. Personally I just like what I like regardless of how strange and obscure or poppy and predictable the music is.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote