Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #20157 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
I'm gonna rec a movie/OVA to every member (that I can think of):

Micshazam - Maris the Chojo - An animated movie from the 80s about a space travelling bounty hunter gal who is so strong that she needs to wear a special harness to keep her from accidentally smashing everything in sight. Because of her immense strength and penchant for accidents, she is broke as hell, but she's determined to become rich before she dies. In a beat up second hand ship (the only one her boss would give her after she destroyed all of her old ships) she goes up against an evil kidnapper who is set up in a cheap-ass base that is actively falling apart around him. Made by the creator of Ranma 1/2.
In what can only be described as a rather stunning coincidence, I just threw out my old VHS tape of that very anime a few days ago (plus a few others). It wasn't that they were bad anime, just that I don't have a VHS player anymore and I have most of those on DVD now anyway. The good stuff, that is. Never seen the Rumik World short anime's on DVD though. I also had one named Fire Tripper and one named Laughing Target.

I used to like the one you recommended back in the day. I remember being thoroughly amused at the scene where it is revealed that the imposing looking general on her screen is about the size of a fist. I watched so much silly stuff like that back in the day.
Pretty nostalgic about Rumik world OVA's, since they played a part in getting me into anime. The biggest nostalgia trip for me was watching Gunbuster again on DVD. Not all that great a show, but I can't help but liking it a little since it was my very first anime.

PS: My copy of Maris the Chojo was named Maris the Wonder Girl.

Last edited by MicShazam; 09-08-2017 at 11:52 AM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote