Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #20160 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
you know me too ****ing well

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
In what can only be described as a rather stunning coincidence, I just threw out my old VHS tape of that very anime a few days ago (plus a few others). It wasn't that they were bad anime, just that I don't have a VHS player anymore and I have most of those on DVD now anyway. The good stuff, that is. Never seen the Rumik World short anime's on DVD though. I also had one named Fire Tripper and one named Laughing Target.

I used to like the one you recommended back in the day. I remember being thoroughly amused at the scene where it is revealed that the imposing looking general on her screen is about the size of a fist. I watched so much silly stuff like that back in the day.
Pretty nostalgic about Rumik world OVA's, since they played a part in getting me into anime. The biggest nostalgia trip for me was watching Gunbuster again on DVD. Not all that great a show, but I can't help but liking it a little since it was my very first anime.

PS: My copy of Maris the Chojo was named Maris the Wonder Girl.
Damn man, now I have an image of a Maris the Chojo tape sitting in a dumpster.

Btw, I heard that it was supposed to be released internationally as Maris the Supergal, but the distributors didn't want to get sued by DC Comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
SO lazy. Try harder.

Here, have one on me:
"The Cold Equations": They made a Twilight Zone episode about this, but the movie is so much better. A girl sneaks onboard a spaceship delivering medicals supplies to a planet desperately in need. Trouble is, the calculations have been made to the millimetre and milligram to enable the ship to land safely. Now there's a variable in the mix. What will happen? The answer will surprise you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cold_Equations
I'll watch it if you watch Office Space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
I've seen it and it's good
Remember that part when...

Spoiler for spoilers for a nearly forty year old movie:
He sees his mom mounted on the bad guy's wall?

Imo, that's like one of the best moments from an anime movie.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote