Music Banter - View Single Post - The Random Album Club: Week 1
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 12:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Justthefacts
President spic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollheart View Post
to whoever changed the poll (probably frown) thanks. Appreciate the joke too.
On we go.

title: american dream
artist: lcd soundsystem
year: 2017
genre: synthpop (correct me if i'm wrong)
nationality: american
discography: four albums
position in discography: fourth

how weird is it that this, of all albums, came up on the random link? Weird, right? Well, now that we've established that, and agreed how weird it is (it is weird, isn't it? Just, you know, what's the word i'm looking for? Oh yeah: Weird) what's it like? My own experience with lcd soundsystem is limited to the recommendation of our own jtf in the late and lamented "love or hate?" thread, and i don't believe i was too impressed with the one he recced - i think it may have been this is happening? Not sure. Anyway, right from the off i'm pretty impressed here. I note influences of 80s new wave bands like human league, visage and depeche mode, while i can also hear talking heads, bowie and eno in some of the tracks. I love the opener, the second track is a little more meh for me, but i have yet to hear anything i don't like. "change yr mind" sounds a lot like bowie's "fashion" (isn't that the guitar riff from it there?) but manages not to sound like a ripoff of it. Like this album so far. Favourite tracks: "oh baby", "how do you sleep", "tonite", "call the police" "american dream" .. Pretty much all of it really. Great album.

Note: Personally, i'm sick of scoring out of ten so i'm reverting to a system i trialed on the now-defunct 1001 metal albums you must hear before you die journal. It's pretty self-explanatory, and nicely visual and immediate: The faster the speedometer hits, the more i like the album, and vy-see ver-see.

Yeah yeah: They're shit graphics. What do you expect from me? Eat glass. :d (if anyone wants to use them, i'll link you in.)

this one gets
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote