Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #64 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Meant to Be
Artist: Nothing But You
Genre: Jazz, Easy Listening
Nationality: Japanese
Release date: January 5
Position in Discography: Debut
Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Check out more from this artist? Not quite sure; her vocals don't sit right with me
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Quite possibly

Hell, I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to some jazz after suffering through even five minutes of Pink Guy! I hope I may enjoy this. Hmm. I could do without the weird talking on the opener but HOLY **** THEY'RE COVERING DAVID ****ING GATES!!!! I LOVE “Lost Without Love”!!! Right then, looking down the list I see I know just about every cover they're doing here, so hopefully this will be an enjoyable ride. Can't say to be honest I'm crazy about her voice, but the pianist is amazing. I don't know jazz of course, but the singer seems to be very over-dramatic, maybe that's just how she is: kind of vamping it up maybe? Sings well though. The selection of tracks is great too.

I'd like this a whole lot more if I was more of a fan of her singing style, but it's hard to get past that. Even so, one of the best so far.