Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Colours" by Nadia Oh
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 05:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I knew I was going to hate this from the first nasal, heavily auto-tuned seconds. The the beat started and I changed my mind no I'm just kidding. I knew this was going to be punishing.

1. Colours
The verse melody is ripping off some old disco tune or something but I can't remember which. I hate the dumb lyrics, the autotuned vocals, the boring non-hook of a chorus and the lame, low-effort club beat. "I want your rainbow love love love - I want your rainbow love love love". I want a barf bag.

2. Amsterdam
This is everything I hate about club music. Everything. Nothing about this is even remotely bearable.

3. Beauty & a Beast
I really can't stand the singer. She's awful. Ah, ok, so the beauty and the beast is the same person. You see, she's beautiful, but also a beast in bed. My mind is blown. "Raawwwrrr" oh shut up.

4. DJ's Girlfriend
From the very first second: Nope. Just no.

5. Is That You
Is this what they call trap? I'm not sure. Also a vague hint of dubsteb. Still crap, of course.

6. No bueno
Exactly.

7. Jump out the Window
Don't tempt me.

8. Hocus Pocus
Less annoying, but still yawn. I miss Rebecca Black.

9. Shade
Argh! What is up with that corny lead melody in the beginning?! Is this trying to make me grind my teeth?

10. Soopermodel
Seriously! I can't do this anymore! No bull****. This is incredibly annoying music and. I. HATE. it.

11. I Like it Loud
I didn't refer to Rebecca Black before entirely as a joke. I fail to see how this is any better at all. It might be worse.

12. Taking Over the Dancefloor
Set this album to half the speed and play it in reverse and I'm convinced it would be an improvement. This is music for mouth breathing bro dudes with reverse caps on doing beer bongs. That one was a joke. I don't hold liking this against anyone but I really, really, really cannot stand it myself. The bit about reversing it was no joke. It would absolutely make this cringefest less annoying.

13. So Unforgettable
That sounds like a threat.

14. Follow Me
Sorry, Nadia, never again.

Made it one time through and I will never hear this again if I can help it.
1/10 but I want to be childish and say -10/10. Hated every cursed second. Sorry Goofle, so, so sorry.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote