Music Banter - View Single Post - Death Metal Album Club
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 06:36 PM   #115 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Well? Don't keep us in suspense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
thought the album was pretty freaking rad. there's some moments where the vocals almost get into black-metal shriek territory and that adds a whole new level when you're used to borrowing old grumbling of basic death metal. a lot of blackened death gets monotonous after a few tracks but this thing is very low-key in it's diversity. you get some straight up pummelling death metal as well as some nice doom-y moments where the band slows down and drills you with these sludgy riffs before picking the pace back up. i listened on youtube so citing exact tracks is a little tough but i think it's the 3rd track Shattered Dreams that just straight up goes from synth intro into doom worship into death metal and then into some early Metallica-esque guitar work (around 12:40 in the album if you don't believe me.)

it's ironic, or coincidental, whatever, that my first post was about how i find death metal to be a rather boring and generic genre. then Batty brought this album out and ****ed me in the ass with it. props.

4/5
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote