Music Banter - View Single Post - Racism (Yeah, that's right: I'm callin' it!)
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 11:38 PM   #524 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
well first we can establish that educated voters vote for Democrats with an increasing margin every year and are more likely to identify as liberal, and I'm not sure anyone doubts this

take a look at the last presidential election:

"College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%. This is by far the widest gap in support among college graduates and non-college graduates in exit polls dating back to 1980."

Behind Trump's victory: Divisions by race, gender and education | Pew Research Center

(you can note that 1980 is the year Repubs went full nuclear)

are they "smarter",yes, however with the caveat that we are talking specifically about self identifying Conservatives in the US and not necessarily classical liberals or Randian Libertarians

Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME
Parents send their children to Liberal colleges and they get turned into Liberals - that is not surprising. This is what I find surprising. When you take the Democratic party they fall into two very distinct major categories. 63% earn less than $15K and 36% earn more than $200K annually. This is according to stats provided by debt.org dating back to 2012. https://www.debt.org/wp-content/uplo...-Democrats.gif In the UK that that would be equivalent to less than 11,123 GBP and more than 148,313 pounds per annum.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote