Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #143 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Product of Isolation
Artist: Sean Danielsen
Genre: Alt-Rock
Nationality: American
Release date: January 13
Position in Discography: Debut
Fear Factor: Low
Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? A little
Check out more from this artist? I'll be keeping a close eye on him, and may see what the bands he played with are like too.
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Sure
Don't know this guy, don't know either of the bands he was (may still be) with, so this will be something entirely new to me. Let's see what we have. Well I really like the laidback style of the first track, reminds me of folk but without the annoying whine that seems to often accompany that. Also reminds me of Antimatter in a way. Second track is faster but still really good. Ok so far I love everything on this; it alternates between fast rockish numbers that have real energy and slower, moodier soundscapes that really highlight this guy's voice, which I have to say is a pleasure to listen to. This might be the first contender for my AOTY. No, I don't care about the rest of you; this is my thread. **** off. “Back to sleep” and “Tennessee” are particular highlights. Love this album. Actually, you know what? If you like Sufjan this may very well be for you. Yeah, it's that good.

Expectation Index: 0

Last edited by Trollheart; 09-21-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote