Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 05:55 PM   #149 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: New World Alphabet
Artist: USS: Ubiquitous Synergy System
Genre: Alt-Rock/Electronic/Drum'n'Bass
Nationality: Canadian
Release date: January 13
Position in Discography: Second
Fear Factor: Low
Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? Yes/No/No
Check out more from this artist? Maybe...
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes
Says alt-rock but sounds almost hip-hop when it starts; might be Autotune at work here, not too sure. Nice powerful beat anyway. Pretty elaborate name for a band: no wonder they use the acronym, though in fairness it makes them sound like a navy destroyer or something out of Star Trek! Yeah but it's annoying how they seem to be trying to be a hip-hop band without actually, you know, playing hip-hop. It's not until “California Medication” that they settle down and start playing what I'd consider proper rock, or maybe pop/rock, but without the yo yo and the scratching and heavier beats endemic to a lot of hip-hop (he said, as if he knew anything about it, but listen to the first three tracks and see if you don't agree that they're trying their best to be a hip-hop band) and “Alien” is pretty good too. Maybe they've stopped ****ing around now. Kind of a little more in the poppy electronic idea for the next track, but I'm still growing to like this album a lot more since the first three tracks. The score may be higher than I had originally intended or anticipated.

Ah, sigh: back we go to the rap and pseudo-hip-hop, though not fully to be fair. Pity they hadn't just given that up as a bad job, now I have to re-readjust my rating. God damn it. This is one very confusing album to rate. There, that'll do.

Expectation Index: 1