Music Banter - View Single Post - Satanism
Thread: Satanism
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Satanism

Yeah, my mind wanders off on some pretty weird, dark paths sometimes. I could explain the train of thought for this but I doubt anyone would like it (it's a little disgusting), but the upshot of it was that I started thinking about those who worship, or profess to worship, the very last person who'd be on God's Christmas card list. And I wonder: why? I mean, don't get me wrong: I have ZERO interest in selling my soul to Satan, but I wonder why people do worship the Horny Guy?

Thing is, if you worship God you (among other things) hope for good stuff to happen to you, for protection, success etc. Now, apart from the literal "sell your soul" deal, which I doubt (but don't know) that anyone has actually done, what's the advantage of worshipping the Devil? You get, and expect to get, nothing out of it except damnation and torment. Satan ain't a nice guy. (Disclaimer: for the purposes of this thread, let's assume Satan actually exists, or at least that the people who pray to him believe he does). He won't reward you, he won't be happy you're worshipping him. In fact, although my infinitisimal knowledge of Satan worship is based on what I read or see on the TV or in movies - most of which is probably garbage - his followers seem to WANT to be destroyed, mutilated, tortured. After all, even loopy ISIS fighters believe there's some reward waiting for them at the end; not so for Satan worshippers, from what I gather.

So why do it?

Anyone any insight, or wants to discuss?

Note: for anyone offended by this thread, may I just say I hope Satan eats your soul.