Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Favorite Quotes!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 09:56 AM   #197 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
Loved all of these - thank you for sharing them. I'm presently on a journey of mindfulness myself, reading all I can about the subject. I'd love to share quotes but cover to cover so many of these titles were beautiful in their entirety.

I began with Thich Nhat Hanh's Being Peace.

Then read the magnificently poetic writings of John O'Donohue, beginning with Anam Cara and presently, Beauty: The Invisible Embrace.

Gary D. Chapman's The Five Love Languages is, of course, a classic text filled with quotable excerpts.

Michael Harris' Solitude was a thoughtful exploration of unplugging from the world of noise and commotion and finding yourself.

And I've ordered several additional titles from Thich Nhat Hanh, including How to Love, True Love: A Practice for Awakening the Heart, and The Miracle of Mindfulness: A Manual on Meditation.

My Google Doc of excerpts from the texts above is quickly growing too large for a single document. Here are just a few highlights from Anam Cara -

Quote:
"We don't need to go out to find love; rather, we need to be still and let love discover us."
Quote:
"We cannot fill up our emptiness with objects, possessions, or people. We have to go deeper into that emptiness; then we find beneath nothingness the flame of love waiting to warm us."
Quote:
Stanislavsky, the Russian dramatist and thinker, said that “the longest and most exciting journey is the journey inwards.”
Quote:
“Ich stehe Mir im Weg” - “I am standing in my own way"
Quote:
T.S. Eliot:

"And in the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And to know the place for the first time."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote