Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #226 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyPanda View Post
TROLLHEART!

This thread is so friggen cool! I love your format and commentary which is fun and helpful THANKS for sharing this and I'll pursue more of the Albums you scrutinized.

Have you found a few favorites yet? (Maybe you said, but I missed it?)

Thanks, and welcome aboard. I have found some favourites, but the only ones so far that qualify as possible AOTY are Sean Danielson's Product of Isolation and Dragonfly by Kasey Chambers. I expect a few more to turn up. I'm a huge fan of the progressive metal band Threshold, and they just released their first album in three years. It's a double, and I love everything they do, so I expect that will be a contender. Mind you, by the time I get to the release date for that we'll be well into 2018!

I have found some very good albums here though, including Vietnamese jazz and even a hardcore punk album I loved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyPanda View Post
LOL! Ya, funny, huh? I speak a little Italian so I stream to a local radio station from Napoli to help me learn more of the language and present terms. When I heard Italian rap I thought.... "What the??
But it helps to learn the language and, like you, TH, I'm surprisingly liking it.
(Side note: I discovered some cheesy Pop Italian music from the 1960s which I am really liking also--it should be in an Austin Powers movie).
It really was quite decent. I'm listening to Spanish-language Reggaeton at the moment, and surprisingly again, it's really not bad.

This thread is a lot of work, but I don't regret starting it. It's definitely yielding results - even if I do occasionally come across twelve-year-old brats like Jacob bloody Sartorius!