Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 04:20 PM   #824 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Also liquidated a ton of stuff. Custom ordered the guitar on the left in honor of Holdsworth after he passed and absolutely fell in total love with it. Great tones, killer playability, and the ergonomics are brilliant. Actually forced myself to pick up my other guitars but they all felt so big, bulky, and awkward by comparison. Six weeks after getting the first one I ordered the one on the right. Getting use to the multi-scale took no time at all. Learning how to best incorporate the low B string is proving a bit harder.

Kiesel (the founder of Carvin's last name) was formed so that they could focus 100% on stringed instruments, while all of the amps, electronics, and PA stuff is still in the old Carvin facility. Can't say enough about the build quality. And the fact you buy direct from the factory saves a ton of middle man markup.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote