Music Banter - View Single Post - Places You Go
Thread: Places You Go
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 05:17 PM   #227 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Last year, an uncle of mine crashed on a mountain bike while taking a jump on a forest trail. He broke his neck but survived and didn't even suffer anything too bad considering the situation. He has a stiff neck and a janky collarbone to show for it.
Now that is lucky, paralysis is one of my greatest fears. Does he still ride?

About 2 weeks before my crash my father was trail riding dirt bikes with a retired friend of his from work, in his early 70s. His friend laid his bike down at low speed, got a minor scratch on his leg and insisted they keep on riding. Later that night around the campfire the swelling got so bad that he couldn't even pull his pant leg up to check on it, only then did he reveal to my father that he was on blood thinners. He left the next morning and a week later when my dad caught up with him he was completely bed ridden, his leg had gone septic from infection, and he was still refusing to see a doctor. Not long after his family finally convinced him and the doctors were just barely able to save his leg without amputation.

I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the first thing that popped into my mind when I looked down and saw my knee. It's always a race to beat the infection, it's amazing how bad a small wound can get, let alone a gaping knee.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote