Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 05:07 PM   #20283 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Liked Jackie Brown the first time just because I wanted to see how it played out. Got bored and bailed the second viewing. I can watch Dogs, Pulp, and the Bill movies over and over again. Style over substance? Sure.

Not that's there anything wrong with that. Plus he writes some of the best dialogue ever.

Quote:
Look kid, I'm not gonna bull**** you, O.K.? I don't really give a good **** what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get… Ha ha ha ha… Ah God! You ever listen to K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies? It's my personal favorite.
Quote:
The Wolf: "You must be Jules, which would make you Vincent. Let's get down to brass tacks, gentlemen. If I was informed correctly, the clock is ticking, is that right, Jimmie?"
Jimmie: "Uh, one hundred percent."
The Wolf: "Your wife... Bonnie comes home at 9:30 in the AM, is that right?"
Jimmie: "Uh-huh."
The Wolf: "I was led to believe that if she comes home and finds us here, she'd wouldn't appreciate it none too much?"
Jimmie: [laughing] "She wouldn't at that."
The Wolf: "That gives us exactly... forty minutes to get the f**k out of Dodge. Which, if you do what I say when I say it, should be plenty. Now, you've got a corpse in a car, minus a head, in a garage. Take me to it."

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote