Music Banter - View Single Post - The Afterlife
Thread: The Afterlife
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 10:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

I like what Frownland said about us might not really being able to grasp what life is. Because I don't think we do. These concepts are so casually talked about that they seem simple when in reality I don't think the human truly understands consciousness or life, what exactly time is, the concept of infinity. Like, we all know what infinity is but our minds still truly can't grasp infinity. We say we do, we can trick ourselves into thinking we do, but we really can't. It's beyond human comprehension at this time. So to think anybody could truly know or understand death, what death is, what truly happens to our consciousness, that's ludicrous. Also one of the reasons why I hate that religious people are pretensions enough to think they know there is a god and what it is. Like, bitch, we all struggle with basic logic at times. ALL of us do. So NONE of us could ever perceive what a god would be if god was real. I digress, and probably accidentally stirred a pot of some sort again.

On the afterlife, I don't have any firm belief. I have theories. One is that there is none. It's that our consciousness ceases to exist. Which is scary at times and relieving at other times. A lot of people don't like that answer because it shoves the over all meaningless of life in our faces and tells us how trivial any thing that was ever important to us is in the grand scheme of things. The other theory leans towards a yes but not in a sense that religious folk like to hear. Or even people that want to believe in karma. When you die DMT is supposedly released into your brain. Now DMT will **** with your perception of time. It's like dreaming. Dreaming ****s with your perception of time. You can fall asleep for 5 minutes and have a dream that lasts hours, or days, or weeks, I don't know, my dreams have never lasted ultra long periods of time for me. So if this whole chemical gets dumped in your brain when you die you are going on the ultimate trip of your life, errrr, death. How long this sequence lasts and things like that is a mystery. I don't know much about DMT trips, but I think that when you die you are going to be flooded by the emotions and thoughts that reflect upon how you lived. You might feel gratitude and happy and proud that you got to do so much in your life and that might effect your trip and make it very pleasant. Or you might be haunted by your regrets or your guilt or your anxiety and that could send you on into a nightmare. And maybe it all eventually drifts away as your brain dies and you slowly lose grasp of your identity and your feelings and your memories. What happens in a moment in our perception could last thousands upon thousands of years to those that die.

For one point to go towards theism, if this DMT theory is true it does seem like something of intelligent design. Or something that is meant to happen to ease us into death. Like there is something behind it that we don't understand and probably will never understand.

But to perhaps shake that point away from theism, people have chemical imbalances. Some people have brains that have problems providing certain chemicals that cause certain emotions. I'm bipolar, my brain sometimes has problems providing the chemicals that cause happiness and I get depressed for no reason. So if that could happen with serotonin or what ever chemical it is that I lack at times, it has to be possible that some people have brains that can't properly provide DMT. And that's a scary thought if said theory is true. I hands down don't believe in an afterlife heaven and hell dictated by a god. But I am afraid of a self induced hell brought on by my own guilt. And I'm also afraid of being shot in the head and having that drastically destroy what would be the afterlife. Decapitation is fine but anything that immediately damages the brain kind of frightens me.

I obviously think about my own death a lot as people should know by now, and this is just my thoughts on what it could be. But what do I know? I'm just another dumbass high school drop out that listens to terrible cringey music and willingly subjects himself into the slavery of materialism and social separatism to desperately retain some type of identity and ego as rich corporations make money off of my predictable choices fueled by the low self esteem they pounded into my head like the rest of us.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote