Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #34 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

October 1st, let's listen to some music!

I ****ing hate October. I always start feeling really depressed somewhere during this month and it usually lasts anywhere from two weeks to 1½ months.
I'm going to fight my traitorous brain with music. Here's a selection of tracks that I have been excited about recently:

One of the uncoolest things you can admit in here: I like Nightwish. Thus, I have been quite curious about what the recent union of former Nightwish singer Anette Olzon and Jani Liimatainen, formerly of Stratovarius would lead to. They've got a single out now and it's pretty good. Cheesy? Depends on what you feel about soaring vocal hooks and overblown pomp. I quite like it.

The Dark Element:

Many apologies to the poster who showed me this band, but I can't remember your name. You know who you are. This Spanish folk music is beyond gorgeous. At risk of being overly earnest, I will admit that this music causes a stirring in my chest and brings tears to my eyes. It reminds me just how beautiful human creations can be. We're such an ugly and messy species and at times it seems that all we do is destroy. I'm not exagerrating when I say that art like this at times is all that keeps me from wanting to turn us all into dust to stop us from being so terrible. This music reminds me that perhaps humans aren't so bad after all. Could I praise any music much higher?

Luar Na Lubre - A Miña Amiga:

Recently, I've been listening to a lot of live footage of Nightwish. Just one album ago, they changed their singer for the second time. Floor Jansen is her name and damn, she rocks. I wish they would release an album with some of their most recognizable anthems, re-recorded with Floor at the microphone. Listen to the part from 8:26 and onwards and tell me you didn't feel at least something. Whether it was goosebumps or unbearable cringe, you must have felt some emotions during that! Goosbebumps for me personally, but of course, I like Nightwish.

Last edited by MicShazam; 10-01-2017 at 12:04 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote