Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #931 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Is the only thing stopping you from murder the government?

the 2nd part well they did get trampled by literally Hitler, because communists can't really have armies unless they want to starve their people

however the history of the region created a culture where such a society worked
No, I quite like getting along with my fellow citizens. The problem is that without a government that has the power and right to exert violence on it's citizens, people who aren't quite as nice as me will band together and be unstoppable in their nefarious pursuits. Taking control of an area with no centralized military protection is easy. Am I being overly pessimistic here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
this is why I mentioned that before WW2 in a region of Spain there was a perfectly operational anarcho communist society

the culture was such that if say one greedy individual tried to profit for himself he would face intense opposition from the workers who loved what they had built and had probably lost family members in fighting for it

in order to understand this though you really have to look at what these people went through to get to their Utopian esque society and the development of a left wing culture that could foster it

there's a documentary I can rec if you're interested with accounts from people who actually lived there
I would watch that if I could have easy access to it, so by all means drop a link.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote