Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 12:00 PM   #6868 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Trump speaks on TV immediately after the event to give condolences, bemoan the tragedy, praise the first responders, etc. He orders flags to be flown at half mast, and he'll fly to Vegas on Wednesday.

Meanwhile it's been almost 2 weeks since Puerto Rico (a territory of the United States) has been devastated. When all is said and done the death toll will be staggering and the amount of suffering beyond imagination.

Yet, Trump hasn't been there yet. Hasn't ordered flags to fly at half mast. Hasn't rolled up his sleeves and ordered his admin and military to cut through all of the BS red tape and get direly needed supplied to the people on the ground.

Hell, it took him 11 days to finally assign a 3 star general to try and sort out the logitical mess. 11 days. That's 264 hours. Imagine being without electricty, clean water, proper sanitation, adequate food and medicine, and possibly sleeping on a cot in a packed shelter because your home was destroyed - for 264 hours!!!!

To quote Sesame Street: One of these things is not like the other.
Lately, it seems like it takes a very progressive and outward thinking mind to see brown or black skin and realize "Hey, these are people just like me. We should help them". The ones who don't think this way shrug off these events like Puerto Rico because it's happening far away to brown and black people instead of closer to home to white people. That's why Trump spoke so soon and with such passion. His mind can't see that far with passion. He's a near sighted leader.

58 mostly white people killed by gunman at a country music festival = OH THE HUMANITY. WE MUST STAND TOGETHER.

58 brown/black people killed by gunman at an Arabic music festival in Iran = I don't want to go to the middle east. It's crazy there. I wonder what's on Bravo right now.

The second scenario is fictionalized but I truly feel like this is how a lot of people respond when they hear of news like this overseas.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote