Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 10:32 PM   #6904 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
23 guns in his hotel room at Mandalay Bay and another 19 back at his home. That's 42 guns total. Most semi-automatic rifles that had been coverted to full automatic. The shooter's brother hinted that he was pretty well off financially. He also said that when he helped him move a few months back he only had a couple of handguns in a safe and maybe one long rifle but not of the assault variety.

So how the bloody hell did this guy purchase dozens of guns over a short period of time without sending up any warning signals?

Here in California the gun buying process is pretty stringent. I had to fill out a federal application for a background check, which included a notary verified thumb print. Then I purchased the gun and the serial number was inputted into the national database to align with my info and print.

Then there's a 5 day waiting period before you can actually obtain the gun - after you pass a written safety test as well as a "how to handle" test in front of the dealer who sold you the gun.

When all was said and done my generic plain jane Glock 19 ended up costing me about $500. And if I had wanted to purchase another gun I would have had to have waited 60 days.

File under "sensible gun control meaures".
You're assuming that his brother actually knew how many guns he had.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote