Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 05:33 AM   #46 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
love it. reminds me of legos.
haha! I never thought of that. Perhaps they can break it up and try to build something better then:-

Quote:
always found this apartment building to be interesting, the design is strangely similar to a stack of cargo containers. especially considering it's right on the waterfront.

^ I'm sure that similarity was intentional, and it makes a great building, with a very successful use of colours imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
In my opinion, building colors and materials should complement the environment around the building. Climate, weather, landscape, and the buildings already built around it should be a factor in any building's design. Blue and lots of glass look great in Miami, but not in England, New York City, or Shanghai. The more congested cities become, the less colorful and bright they should look. It looks more natural that way.
^ Good point. Here's a seaside town in Morocco that took your advice and uses blue paint for everything:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post

Did someone say 'containers'?
My work is more function than form.
^ Wins the thread by posting a building that you worked on! Plus it looks good.