Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 05:53 PM   #353 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: The Continuous Evilution of Life's ?'s
Artist: Twiztid
Genre: Hip-Hop/Horrorcore/Rap Rock/Indie Rap
Nationality: American
Release date: January 27
Position in Discography: Eleventh
Fear Factor: Critical
Familiar with this artist? Have never heard them but Batty has ensured I have heard of them
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 3.44
I'm not going to say well I enjoyed ICP more than I had expected when I listened to them, although I did. I feel that was perhaps an aberration, or maybe they're the best the genre has to offer. This, I feel, I will hate, but I've been wrong enough times before to take nothing for granted. Hmm. I don't hate the first track, in fact I like it a lot. “Kill Somebody” is just so hilarious it's brilliant. Ah, the chainsaw at the end is the icing on the cake. “You're not killing him!” They kind of overextend the joke a little though. “Black Clouds” is a really good song though to be fair (wonder if the cloud cops arrest those as much as the white clouds?)

I kind of like the mix of rock/metal with the rap here; in places it works quite well. You can't take this stuff seriously of course, but they come across as kind of well-meaning, lovable buffoons who are (maybe) trying to be all hard and tough, but fail miserably and in so doing provide some great comic relief, which is something I needed today, so thanks guys. Then they throw in some soul and r&B for “Come On Let's Get High” and it's actually a really great song that brings you back to the days of Marvin and Curtis. Nice. Off topic sort of but sorry, I just had to post this: stated that the album would be out before the Gathering of the Juggalos 2016.

“Psychomania” is another hilarious track and yeah, it ends well as an album. This was a lot of fun and I had no problem getting to the end. Colour me surprised.

Check out more from this artist? You know, I just might
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Possibly

Expectation Index: 10