Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #358 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Ty Segall
Artist: Ty Segall
Genre: Garage Rock
Nationality: American
Release date: January 27
Position in Discography: Ninth
Fear Factor: Moderate
Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 3.31
Garage Rock eh? I seem to remember the last time I experienced this it wasn't terrible. But sigh: the guy does not make it easy to find his album; his debut, released in 2008, is also self-titled, so while I thought I had found this one on Spotify, it wasn't it, but the debut, and so I had to go looking on YouTube. I don't quite understand the idea of releasing only some albums onto Spotify. If you or your label don't want to let your music be used on Spotify then fine, but if you let it be used then let it all be there. Very annoying. Anyway, decent rocky start, seems very very dated, but maybe that's the point with Garage Rock? I wouldn't know. But I feel like I'm listening to a seventies hard rock band or something.

OK, I have to admit: I'm bored out of my skull here. It's only just over half an hour long but it already seems like it might be too long to wait. We'll see how it goes but I'm only on the fourth track of ten and I already wish it was over. Oh no wait: that was only the third track. The fourth, however is a nice slow blues number which may go some way towards redeeming this. Yeah, it did but generally speaking I could not care less about this music. That track aside, it's just boring. I didn't bail out, but if the album had been longer I might have.

Check out more from this artist? No
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? I'll hope not to

Expectation Index: 9