Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 05:41 AM   #20301 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I finally got to see the Wonder Woman, and here's some thoughts:
1. Gal Gadot is stunning
2. This is imo the best DC superhero movie, even better than Nolans batman vs joker, though I don't know if they can be directly compared to be honest.
3. Gal Gadot is gorgeous.
4. The movie - characters, pacing, the way it's filmed, seems like DC finally considered learning a trick or two from Marvel.
5. Gal Gadot is also a decent actress.

I liked it a lot. And it wasn't as silly as most summer blockbuster movies tend to be, basically the only 2 things I have a small problem are:
Spoiler for 1st thing:
the fact that they somehow manage to sail from somewhere near Turkey to London during a single night
and
Spoiler for 2nd thing:
the casting of Ares. I mean sure, it was supposed to be a surprise, though I doubt it surprised anyone who has some movie knowledge, but this guy ? A red headed, mustached werewolf from harry potter.. the god of war ? There's a shot of young Ares being sad after zeus kicked him out, or sth.. and they inserted his face on a body of a bodybuilder of some sort - it literally made me laugh out loud

Other than that though? As far as superhero movies go, I'll give this one a 9/10.
I was sort of 50/50 about whether I wanted to see it, so I'm going to give it a chance now. I watched Batman V Superman recently and... not exactly a perfect movie, but not horrible. Wonder woman was decent in that movie although a bit superfluous.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote