Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #385 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

All right then, time to check out some of the albums you've rated for January but which are

Album title: 50
Artist: Michael Chapman
Suggested by: Frownland
Genre: Folk/World Music/Country
Nationality: English
Release date: January 20
Position in Discography: He seems to have a ****load, so given the title, and the fact that I'm not counting them all up, I'm gonna go with fiftieth?
Fear Factor: Low
Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? Very little
Average RYM Score: 3.29
The first of the albums from other members which don't appear on the Wiki list then, this is number one of three from Frownland. This guy seems to have been something of a big wheel in the folk scene of the sixties, playing alongside such luminaries as Roy Harper and John Martyn. Like the opening track, great melody to it, and the guitar and banjo work really well here. I really like “The Mallard”, and there's a cross between Cash and Cave on “Memphis in Winter”. Good stuff. As this goes on I can certainly see the comparisons with Martyn, and given that this guy is now in his seventies, this is impressive stuff. Pretty much love every track, and a great instrumental to close with. Excellent album. Thanks, Frown!

Check out more from this artist? Yes
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Expectation Index: 0