Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #390 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Umbrella Weather
Artist: Led Bib
Suggested by: Frownland
Genre: Jazz/Avant-Garde Jazz/Free Jazz/Jazz Fusion
Nationality: English
Release date: January 20
Position in Discography: Seventh
Fear Factor: Critical
Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 3.39
Umbrella Weather eh? An Irish jazz group? No? Ah crap! Free jazz? Avant-Garde Jazz? Is this the most questions you've seen begin one of my reviews? It is? Do I have a chance of even getting halfway through this? Will I be hitting the bailout button soon? Is anyone surprised that I hate this from the off? Those crazy, frenetic horns: don't you know I hate those so much, Frown? You do? Of course you do. All right, enough questions: let's get down to an actual review. It settles in nicely finally on track two, and I'm a little calmer. How appropriate: it's called “Ceasefire”, and yes, I do feel like I've been battered by repeated salvos of horn and drums for the last five minutes or so. Reminds me of that scene in Throw Momma From the Train, where Danny DeVito wakens up his sleeping harpy of a mother by blowing a trumpet in her ear (hoping the shock will kill her) and she starts awake snarling “Had a nightmare! Louis Armstrong was trying to kill me!”

OK, I officially hate this. No way I'm sitting through another – how long? - over fify minutes of this. Tell him, coach!

Check out more from this artist? No way
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? No, I bloody hate it

Expectation Index: 0