Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #7140 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

VP Pence was scheduled to fly from Las Vegas to Los Angeles for a conference. Total cost to the taxpayers for the flight: $45,000

Instead, him and Trump cooked up a PR stunt. Yesterday's Colts game in Indiannapolis was a big deal because they honored Peyton Manning by retiring his number at halftime. Lots of eyes were on the game.

Pence flew to the game so him and his wife could stand during the National Anthem. They immediately left after to 'protest' against the players who knelt.
Total cost to the taxpayers for the flight: $242,500 (LV > Indy > LA)

This doesn't include the cost of having the stadium swept by security, additional security being hired for the game, and a special trauma team being on standby at the nearest hospital.

Pence's tweet afterwards: "I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem."

Trump's tweet afterwards: "I asked VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled, disrespecting our country. I am proud of him and SecondLady Karen."

Like both of them didn't know that players were definitely going to kneel. How stupid do they really think we are?

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote