Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Fictional Character(s)
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 03:02 PM   #83 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I don't really like pure shooters though. I know GoW is a 3rd-person shooter but it's a 1st-person shooter at heart, and 3rd-person shooters are generally way more fun for me than 1st-person shooters. 1st are generally more about generic shooter mechanics and not much else, whereas 3rd obviously don't have as smooth shooter mechanics and so rely on more idiosyncratic concepts (f.ex. GTA, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Tomb Raider, RE 5 & 6, etc).
I basically agree. I don't like most modern 1st person shooters since I feel like they're just the same use-the-iron-sight-and-go-for-headshots thing over and over again. A few of the more recent Halo games being the exception. ODST, Reach and 4 were pretty fun and involved way more on the spot improvisation and weapon switching than 1st person shooters usually do.
I like more 3rd person shooters, like Vanquish, Hunted, Fuse, some of the gears of war games... I know they're still just shooting, but there's a bit more variety to the gameplay in the best of them. I like Saint's Row too if they count. With Tomb Raider, I confess to preferring the games before the 2013 reboot of the series.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote