Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #7426 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Uh, DJ, the whole point of elections in the U.S. is to pick someone to make important decisions for you while you "drift through life". And if the masses pick the 'wrong' candidate, the politicans just go ahead and use either electoral college bullshit, a loophole, or good old fashion tampering to null our decision. We live in a system where the rich and powerful use all of their resources to keep us polarized and neutered. No matter what we do, whether someone votes first or third party, or doesn't vote at all, we're all "lemmings". So yeah, it's not surprising that so many people don't feel the need to vote between one old rich guy and another.

And of course everyone has the right to an opinion and to complain, whether they vote or not. They're still apart of this country. For all you know, they may be affecting others and supporting their ideals in ways vastly more effective and far reaching than voting.
This whole attitude is for the birds. People want to not vote and then sit back and be like "told you so nothing changes." The whole idea that the masses picked the wrong candidate isn't even accurate. The masses/majority are the the ones that don't even bother to participate. Yes, voting is only a small part of the process but it is still important when it comes to policy especially on the local level. You see changes much more on the local state level that will affect you much sooner than on national things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Also, @DJ, shaming people for not voting accomplishes nothing. Most of them care about the world, they are simply disillusioned with the entirety of the current politcal system, i.e. why bother voting for one rich old guy over another when despite their differences all the candidates benefit tremendously from maintaining the current system far more than if they enacted real change in the power structure?

Insulting them is like making fun of someone for being fat; 90% of the time, it doesn't persuade them to try to fit your standards, it just makes them hate the world and become less likely to participate in it. You're just one more voice screaming at them to care about a system that doesn't care about them.
I don't care about the fact that it seems like I am shaming them for not voting. They don't care about world like you claim they do. They are already so far gone in their apathy that it doesn't matter what I say. I understand feeling disenfranchised but doing nothing and complaining about changes happening to them when they could have at least tried pisses me off. The whole uprising of protest votes by not voting and voting third party is why we are stuck with Trump.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote