Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #7252 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
My answer is (the point of what I did) is that even though the things you fear about anarchism if it should materialize might be justified concerns (it wouldn't be a utopia) but from my vantage point what's already in place is many times more horrific. Most people don't agree or haven't really thought about it. There's an infinity of ain't gonna happens but nonetheless something will happen. Perhaps the continuation of the status quo. The destruction of the environment, nuclear war, or some other disaster. I have a less likely but more pleasant scenerio in my head where writers like Thoreau and Tolstoy became a standard moral compass an we make it through. Idealistic? Sure. But we got a gun to our head. I know this is a failure. I think the path we're on is so destructive that this whole way of living needs to be scraped.
Yeah I agree it's a busted system and a better one would be great. I just don't see how anarchy works. Don't see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
In America we get to vote for which color suits our politicians wear. Thank God we get to govern ourselves.
Pithy response as usual, but I actually don't know what, if any, point you're trying to make here.