Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #7256 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

Just because you have the right to vote doesn't mean that you're inherently voting on anything of value or in a way that doesn't **** you or others over.
The point I was making, which you either missed, ignored, or refuse to accept, is that with local candidates in govt you can actually get issues discussed that matter to you. For instance, when I was having trouble getting Karen's extension built I could have gone to my local representative and asked them to raise it on the Dail floor (bring up the subject when the govt is in session) and it would have been. Writing to the Taoiseach (Prime Minister), Minister for Health etc would not have worked, but I can go to the office of my local guy and talk to him face to face and he will agree to discuss the matter in open session. THAT's part of the reason why I vote, and is a solid result of the voting process. If I hadn't helped vote that guy in, he wouldn't be there to help me and I'd have no voice in govt, see?