Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #7258 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You were talking about Ireland, I told you about America. I've talked to my reps multiple times. They still vote how they're paid to.
Well yeah, obviously I was talking about Ireland. I suppose if you edit OH's claim to say "Voting in AMERICA is pointless" then I have no opinion, as I obviously don't and can't vote there. But if he means to say voting in general is pointless, then that's just wrong, as I pointed out. I suppose he needs to clarify.

The thing about Ireland is that people WILL vote out someone who doesn't do what he was elected to, if he doesn't keep his promises. Take a guy who is voted in as an independent for Waterford, one of our counties. Staff in that hospital are in danger of losing their pensions, and he is voted in on the promise he will ensure they are protected. If he doesn't do this, or try to, he won't be elected next time around. So the people can hold their elected representatives to some sort of accountability.