Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Travelers' Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 12:31 AM   #54 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba
Hey um jibber, you know that you can bus most places in New Zealand for half the price of air tickets don't you?

Christchurch to Wanaka for example. Half the price. Or even a third.
the reason i'm flying is that my dad can get those flights for free. yay air points racked up from rediculous amounts of international business trips.

Originally I didn't want my parents using their points for my flights. but they insisted, told me they had WAY more points than they knew what to do with (my dad flies out of the country pretty much every week, he has a lot), and seeing as how their moving and renovating our new house, they wont have time to take a vacation, so I accepted. Plus, this way I get as much time to travel around the north island freely before I have to be in wanaka for job interviews, if I took a bus that would knock off a lot of time.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote