Music Banter - View Single Post - 2006 Winter Olympics
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 01:21 AM   #68 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

I've got a question for everyone:

what the hell is the point of the two man luge event? Isn't it pretty clear that one person can easily maneuver that little sled by themselves? what do you need two people for? What does the other guy do anyways? I'm guessing the guy on the bottom would do all of the steering, since he's the one actually in contact with the sled, so does the other guy just lie there and hang on for dear life? is he there just to make it harder on the guy on the bottom? in that case, wouldn't it be a better test of the guy's athletic ability to have a really, REALLY fat guy lying on top of him instead of a skinny little muscly guy? anyone who knows anything about two man luge please help me out here, i'm actually quite curious, and this is gonna bug me know until I know the answer.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote