Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #7334 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I wish everyone else were as honest about it
Me too. The bull**** chest beating by indifferent idiots who can't accept the possibility that their friends and family will realize that they'd rather be playing Mass Effect than reading ****ty political blogs is as much of a hindrance to open, political discussion as anything else. Possibly even the biggest contributor. Which is why I say **** you all, I'm playing Mass Effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Your logic totally escapes me.

You say: "One side is 'clearly better' than the other."

Then you say: "A vote for the 'better side' is still a vote for the status quo."

Then you say: "Voting for the 'clearly better side' makes you a stooge."

Definition of stooge: "a person who serves merely to support or assist others"

So me serving, supporting, and assisting the 'cleary better side' by voting for them, is a waste of my time?
Voting for neoliberals who sell us out to Wallstreet implies to them that you support their actions. Both political parties support those policies to, at best, differing degrees. There are protestors who make it clear that at least some people don't, but the vast, vast majority do not make it clear, and therefore voting for establishment candidates is a vote of support for the establishment, because even if those politicians know that you don't support it, they know that you will still vote for them anyway. Your opinions are irrelevant so long as you keep voting for them.

****, as much as I hate Trump and the people who support him, his presidency is the closest we've ever gotten to a shift in the current political dynamic. Not that I think it will amount to anything, but it's something... I guess.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote