Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 07:33 PM   #7474 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
It's more the alien abduction thing.
Well there is that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Please excuse my meritless assuption.

I'm almost certain that the rare earth hypothesis is wrong and life does indeed spring up elsewhere around the universe, galaxy, and maybe even solar system. The point is there's no trace of any attempt to communicate, radio waves of any sort, or any sort of Dyson Spere type of megastructures. If the reasonable assumption is that humanity is not a one off the lack of evidence of our extraterrestrial cohorts suggests once they reach a certain point in technological advancement they soon die.

There's other theories. What I'm saying isn't indisputed or rock solid but it's the conclusion that strikes me as the most likely. My assumption is we're following the same course and it sure seems like it.
Obviously I don't know, but if the likes of Sagan, Hawking, De Grasse-Tyson - minds, to quote HG Wells, immeasurably superior to ours - think there is life out there, I'm not about to argue with them. Of course they could be wrong, but I'm naturally assuming they know a hell of a lot more about the chances of discovering life beyond Earth than you or I do. In the end, it's likely that we'll never know in our lifetime - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT HUGE CIGAR-SHAPED OBJECT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
This is why the aliens don't talk to us.
Speak for yourself.