Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 03:08 AM   #20330 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Yes please, I will take a list of what you consider terrible.

CGI wasn't overdone in the Blade Runner 2049. It was so well done that it wasn't distracting at all. They merged practical effects with it seemlessly. I enjoyed it for the most part even though they glossed over a few themes they could have dug deeper into. With that long run time style ruled out over substance and it would have stretched out the movie even more. I need to watch it again but would rather do it at home so I can pause it and see the little easter eggs.
I don't even remember what I said in that little rant about the movie, but I'm sure my thoughts could have been better expressed. If I saw the movie again I could try to give a more level headed opinion on it, but that isn't going to happen for a good, long while yet.

Here's a short, random list of movies that I hate and movies that - like Blade Runner 2049 - just fell very, very short of being a good movie despite great critical and/or audience reception:

-All Christopher Nolan movies, except Interstallar, which I actually like.
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-The Avengers
-the two first Iron Man movies (didn't bother with the 3rd)
-any Shyamalan movie
-any Spielberg movie from the 90's and above. Except Jurassic Park and Catch Me If You Can. Those were good.
-any Villeneuve movie that I've seen: Sicario, Incendies, Blade Runner 2049 of course
-Fight Club, The Social Network, Seven, Gone Girl (all bad movies from the same talented director. I forgive him since he made Zodiac.)
-the Silent Hill movie was terrible. The sequel even worse.
-all Resident Evil movies are complete ****. Even the first one.
-Battle Los Angeles
-Terminator 3 and Terminator Salvation. Didn't watch the newest one because I've learned my lesson.
-both Alien vs Predator movies
-Cubic (aka Equilibrium) and Ultraviolet. Two stylish but dumb action sci-fi movies by the same incompetent director.
-Predator 1 and 2

And as a bonus, a random few action/entertainment/super hero/fantasy/etc. movies that I enjoy, just so you don't accuse me of being a snob or something. Consider this a list of movies NOT to watch then?:

-Sucker Punch
-Reign of fire
-Shoot 'Em Up
-Spring Breakers
-Watchmen
-Xmen 1, 2, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse
-Man of Steel, Batman v Superman
-the Brian De Palma movie Passion. Trashy but fun.
-Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfortunate Events
-Snow White & the Huntsman
-Maleficent
-The Craft
-The Golden Compass

Last edited by MicShazam; 10-13-2017 at 03:15 AM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote