Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #20355 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
The atmosphere should match the content, and I think it did that successfully as hell. Do you consider it to be unrealistic?

Also I highly value art that can evoke a strong emotional response and disgust counts. I don't ever want to watch something like Irreversible again, but I can't deny that it's a great piece of filmmaking since it can cut so deep.
Let me put it this way: To me, Zodiac is the matured version of Seven. Gone is the focus on the gruesomeness, replaced by more of a focus on the characters, with only the necessary amount of screen time devoted to oh how horrible the murders are. After a point I just feel like "yes, I get get it. They're dead and the killer is sick. Move on please". That's what Zodiac does; telling a more interesting story by focusing on the parts that matter. To me, Seven is like some kind of horrific amusement park ride. "Come and see the amazing horrorible murders! Isn't that something?!" I'm being a bit reductionist, but I find that it's putting the weight too much on the wrong foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I also think you just gotta give less power to your expectations homie.
Say what? This requires an explanation.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote