Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #7521 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Is it really stealing if it no longer has a recipient? Fraud is a better choice.
Yes it is. It's money that's due his mother for her old age. She is now dead, so not entitled to the money, nor is anyone else entitled to collect it on her behalf. It's the same as if you're on the dole (receiving social security, I guess you'd call it) and then you get a job and don't sign off, so you collect money you're not due. It is stealing. I guess it's also fraud, but then fraud usually involves a form of stealing anyway, so I guess that's splitting hairs.
Quote:

Even if you think that it's amoral, I fail to see how it can be disrespectful to their memory. Unless that person was someone who made every little thing about themselves, at which point I'm not sure if I'd want to respect their memory anyways.
Because my mother brought me up not to steal, especially from her goddamn corpse, man! How is that so hard to understand? If I did that, my ma would turn in her grave. Jesus. Have you no morals?