Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #46291 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

OMG stupid cats. So we had a cat who ran away years ago who just randomly showed up like five years later. Was amazing and absolutely unexpected. He was a cat who spent a lot of time outdoors since we had dogs and a dog door to our backyard. By the time he came back the dogs were gone and we didn't have the dog door. We tried keeping him inside but he was absolutely miserable and constantly trying to get outside.

I realize that it's reasonable to keep your cats inside, but afaic if your cat is that intent on being outside you should respect their wishes. There's so much of a pet's life that is decided without their consent so if they just want to be outside that bad then you should at least let them have that decision in their lives. Otherwise they'll just be miserable. Let them have some amount of agency in their own lives.

Anyway, I just heard my cat outside yowling really loudly along with another cat, and there is one cat who wanders around the neighborhood fighting other cats, mostly at night, and so I assumed my cat was getting attacked. I went all around the block calling my cat's name, only to find 20 minutes later that he was sitting on our neighbor's trash can all of ten feet away from where I started in our own backyard. I'd like to think he wasn't that close the whole time. Dumb cat. He doesn't even know how to **** **** up tbh.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote