Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Seal" by Seal
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

This album is held together by Seal. If anyone else made an album this eclectic and yet simultaneously by-the-numbers, it probably wouldn't work at all. Even this only works minimally, but it definitely works. I found myself enjoying this album at certain portions, and finding it at least not annoying at other sections. The performances are all bland and lifeless excepting Seal himself, again exemplifying why and how he holds the album together. All in all, the songwriting is pretty by-the-numbers too. The perfect adult contemporary mix of jazz, R&B, soft rock, and electronic influences mixed into one very unique, and also completely tame and expected, album. Not much else to say, this was good but not anything particularly special. Probably won't listen again ever, or at least until I forget I've already heard it. 6/10

Bikini Kill - Pussy Whipped
Seal - Seal [1991]
The Divine Comedy - Casanova

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote