Music Banter - View Single Post - Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 10:18 PM   #213 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Basically, the idea that people like those on this forum, that are pretty into music, to say the least, should be expected to only like obscure bands or whatever isn't top 40/mainstream/for dumb people or... something. If anything, I'd say that if you really, really have a deep interest in music, you will eventually learn to value expression, melody, harmony, etc. enough that you can recognize a great tune without worrying about whether it's sufficiently snob-appropriate music to enjoy. Worrying about the coolness factor is for teenage music snobs who haven't yet learned to stop worrying and just love uncool music for whatever it does have to offer.
Yep. Therefore, it's pretty much an inevitability they'll all come to love yacht rock as much as me someday. Even elephantor! It's the genre everyone ascends to after they've gotten all the experimental ****, extreme metal and hip-hop / random indie **** out of their systems.

On topic: Zeppelin are hit or miss, but 'No Quarter' and 'Achilles Last Stand' are great, great great.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote